shown in other instead.
Windows Development Environment
For hardware specifications, see System Requirements.
To start working with the Unigine engine on the Windows platform you should install the UNIGINE SDK and additional software.
Prepare the Environment for Windows#
Install UNIGINE SDK#
There are two ways to install SDK:
- If you have a UNIGINE SDK archive downloaded at the UNIGINE developer portal:
- If you have UNIGINE SDK Browser downloaded at the UNIGINE developer portal:
To start your project with UNIGINE SDK you need to install the required software to prepare the development environment:
- IDE — we recommend using Microsoft Visual C++ 2015+ (C#/C++), Visual Studio Code (C#/C++), Rider (C#), Qt Creator (mostly used for Qt framework development, but also suitable for regular C++ projects).
- CMake 3.19 or higher (can be downloaded for free). CMake is a tool that simplifies project building for different platforms.
- .NET SDK (can be downloaded for free). It is required to develop projects using C# Component System. See here how to install .NET SDK and check its version.
- Python 2.7 (can be downloaded for free) — required to use the build script.