shown in other instead.
Rope physics can be extremely difficult. The demo features a simple and elegant way of creating a winch or hoist using a combination of dynamically added JointBalls and geometry. This type of winch is suitable for simulation of helicopter operations or heavy duty equipment towing. The rope is implemented as a C++ component that you can use in your project.
- Reusable code emulating the winch
- Use of JointBall to imitate the rope
- Runtime changing of the number of JointBalls to increase/decrease the rope length
- Runtime generation of the rope mesh with correct UV coordinates
Accessing Demo Source Code#
You can study and modify the source code of this demo to create your own projects. To access the source code do the following:
- Find the Winch Demo demo in the Available section and click Install (if you haven't installed it yet).
- After successful installation the demo will appear in the Installed section, and you can click Copy as Project to create a project based on this demo.
- In the Create New Project window, that opens, enter the name for your new project in the corresponding field and click Create New Project.
- Now you can click Open Code IDE to check and modify source code in your default IDE, or click Open Editor to open the project in the UnigineEditor.