Video Tutorial: Georeferenced Terrain Generation
This tutorial has a basic level and is mainly intended for developers of simulation software, that requires a geo-referenced terrain, and having at hand all necessary data sources with the density providing the required level of detail.
More detailed information on synthetic terrain generation as well as other aspects of terrain generation and optimization is to be provided in other dedicated tutorials.
All data required for accomplishing this tutorial is available in the Georeferenced Terrain Generation Add-On starting from the UNIGINE 2.7.1 SDK. All you need is just install the add-on and use the assets according to instructions given in the tutorial.
In this tutorial:
- Landscape Tool interface overview
- Configuring generation settings
- Adding data sources and setting up their parameters
- Creating tags to filter data from the sources
- Generating a georeferenced terrain using imagery and elevation data
- Editing generated terrain with brushes
- Generating vegetation and detail masks using landcover data
- Adding and configuring terrain details
- Using vector data to generate roads and point objects
- Basic road generation parameters
- Using 2.5D Buildings feature for city generation
- Optimizing generated terrain and objects (LOD settings and material optimizations)