Let's meet at GDC!
- Heavy refactoring of base materials.
- Tessellation state is switched on/off automatically depending on distance to the object.
- Updated DirectX SDK headers to February 2010 version.
- Verbose list of textures used by the render.
- Added validation of duplicate surface names and incorrect bone weights for skinned meshes into 3dsMax plugins.
- Fixed a wrong animation frame number being displayed in ResourceEditor.
- Support of uniform_buffer_object in OpenGL.
- Global scaling settings for tessellation parameters and reflection color.
- Added GL_ARB_sample_shading OpenGL extension support for supersample alpha-testing.
- Fixed inheritance of properties by BodyFracture pieces.
- ImageDDS tool now supports OpenCL for faster image compression (-opencl command line option).
- More efficient mesh optimizator.
- Spark emitter generates particles oriented along the normal of collided surface.
- Added 'auto' pseudo-type of variables in UnigineScript.
- Fixed the order of objects destruction by exiting UnigineScript.
- Node ID is now displayed in UnigineEditor now.
- Simplification of HDR cross shader.
- Added a full set of 32/64 bit plugins for Maya 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- Increased speed of grass and foliage rendering.
- Optimized supersampled alpha-testing for 8x AA mode.
- Bunch of minor fixes.
This month was also filled with a lot of important events, for example we met with AMD and NVIDIA engineers and marketing people.
There will be no updates for the next 2 weeks since we are heading toGDC in San Francisco. By the way, you're welcome to visit our booth #1344 (there will be our CEO, CTO and sales manager are going to show a lot of new amazing stuff). Feel free to contact us for an appointment via firstname.lastname@example.org