- Full transformations of point forces in particle systems, added 'rotator' and 'attractor' features.
- Unicode names of joysticks.
- Dedicated tree for objects with collision detection enabled.
- All fonts and textures can be shared between GUIs.
- Performance optimization for multiple ObjectGUIs.
- Added Qt-based integration sample with multiple windows.
- Deffered buffer is decreased in size for low shader profile.
- Transfer of user-specified classes between C++ API and UnigineScript.
- Billboards speedup.
- More compact variables in UnigineScript.
- Added new Expression class in UnigineScript, that can compile and execute arbitrary code in runtime.
- Minor performance improvement of clouds.
- Plugins for 3dsMax 12 (2010).
- Correct replication of NodeReferences during assignment of properties and materials.
- Added support of Cage mesh in NormalMapper, that allows to select a desired high-poly object.
- Height textures are renamed into parallax ones, use '_h' postfix instead of '_p'.
- Improved documentation on UnigineEditor and ResourceEditor.
- Support of AMD hardware tessellator in ResourceEditor via AMD_vertex_shader_tessellator.
Hardware tessellation is a very attractive technology, artists can waste hours looking at real-time change of low-poly models tessellation. Unfortunatelly now it is available in OpenGL with AMD cards only. However, later this year Windows 7 is to be released, that introduces DirectX 11 with support of hardware tessellation.
PS: We also work very closely with AMD video driver team now, these guys provide really useful help with fast driver bugfixes for both Windows and Linux versions.
PPS: Our CEO (Denis Shergin) and CTO (Alexander Zaprjagaev) will attend GDC Europe, which will take place in Cologne, Germany this August. Please contact us via email@example.com to make an appointment if you would like to meet.