Multithreading changes and more bugfixes
- Faster sorting of render surfaces.
- New console functions: isVariable() and isCommand().
- No more HDR artifacts caused by the vignette.
- HDR calculation now performs with 4 frames delay.
- "physics_multithreaded" renamed to "physics_num_threads".
- All thread controls moved to EngineThreads, node update can work in multithreading mode, this can get a performance boost for particle systems.
- Number of supported callback arguments was increased to 8.
- Log file name can be specified by new "-engine_log" CLI option.
- Preview works only for images smaller than 4 Mb.
- Shaders has unique id's for easy sorting.
- Fixed selection of objects under terrain holes.
- Terrain holes disappear starting only from 4th LOD.
- Shadows from grass bushes.
- Support of GL_ARB_draw_instanced extension for better ATI compatibility in addition to existing GL_EXT_draw_instanced.
- No more stack errors while calling UnigineScript functions from the C++ API.
- Fixed major stack bug in UnigineScript.
- Update of benchmarking scripts.
- More tutorials on terrain creation.
We have also successfully integrated a third-party networking solution with Unigine, now we are performing different performance tests to ensure that it was a right choice of the technology. If the testing will be successfull, our customers have a chance to get networking ready out-of-the box even sooner than it was expected.