Introducing hierarchy of node properties
- Hierarchy of node properties (read more below).
- Underlaying material for reflections.
- Console commands now can be created by means of UnigineScript.
- Variables content can be accessed via  operator, there are new __set__ and __get__ class memebers to be overloaded for  access.
- Adjustable precision of mesh data for 3dsMax export plugin (snap to grid).
- Friction and restitution parameters are moved into base properties library.
- Filesystem speedup.
- A file inside 'data' directory can be access very fast now, if its name doesn't contain 'data/' prefix.
- Fixed LWO format loader.
- New format of world files: material name should be in 'material' attribute of 'surface' tag (old format will be supported for some time still; re-save world to update its format).
- Removed 'deprecate.mat' material library, there is no more mesh_detail_base (use mesh_base instead of it).
- Great speedup of scripts compling (it is almost 4 times faster now).
- Fixed reflection masks.
- Cube filtering of ambient maps.
- Stereo launchers dynamically load DirectX libraries now.
- Removed FreeBSD building rules due to very low demand on FreeBSD support.
- Automatic generation of focus cycling order for UI.
- reflection_adjust parameter for cube reflection for fine tuning.
- Almost all memory leaks are eliminated, there are only 3 unfreed pointers left.
- Added time.h (for correct sun position according to a given time) to the core scripts set.
- Added sun movement into 'water' demo.
- WorldTrigger can work with predefined set of nodes (if the list is empty, all nodes are taken into account).
- Correct work of tabbing in WidgetEditText.
- Simple syntax highlight in built-in text editor.
- New ALIGN_BACKGROUND flag for separating widgets by rendering order (work only for WidgetVBox).
- WidgetManipulator takes care about step of snap.
- New icons in UnigineEditor.
- Fixed annoying 'invalid operation' error in OpenGL.
- Snap to grid for moving and rotating objects (set grid step in 'Tools' window).
Node properties is a general purpose mechanism for adding some custom properties to objects (like game-specific parameters and so on), they can be set per-surface. Properties set can be flexibly adjusted for a project, see data/core/properties/unigine.prop as an example, the system is very similar to our visual materials. Use 'o' hotkey to access properties window in UnigineEditor.
Some notes regarding changes in development environment:
- Unigine_Externs pack is updated, all 3rd-party code is moved there
- All .lib files provided with Unigine_Externs are for Visual Studio 2008, older ones can be found in 'vs2005' subfolders
- Recommended SCons version is 0.97