DirectX 10.1 support
- DirectX 10.1 support (d3d10_render_use_feature_level_1 console variable, it's enabled by default; means that comparison sampling from texture arrays for cube and world lights is used).
- Support of MS Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition.
- New object for dynamic sky: ObjectSky (2 surfaces, 2 cubemaps with RGBE support, 2 layers of clouds).
- Shadowing by clouds of ObjectSky.
- Modulation of dynamic irradiance environment maps by ambient map.
- Geometry duplication via geometry shaders for rendering of cube and world shadow maps (it works really fast on ATI).
- Workaround for shadow biases (they are broken in ATI Direct3D10 drivers at the moment, the bug is submitted).
- R600-specific optimizations.
- Support of 16f and 32f image formats, loading of *.HDR files.
- Fixed ATI2 normals.
- Fair light scattering for reflections.
- SpriteVideo YUV output with shader-based conversion into RGB for ObjectGui and ObjectGuiMesh (it reduces CPU load while playing multiple videos).
- Dynamic access to textures by means of UnigineScript (e.g. for generation of procedural textures).
- KEY_PRESSED callbacks for WidgetEditLine and WidgetEditText.
- Saving of screenshots in different file formats (video_extension console variable, TGA is used by default).
- Fixed Alt-Tab issue with fullscreen mode on Direct3D9.
- Documentation updates: "Content Creation / Animation" and "Programming / Typical Architecture of a Unigine-Based Application" articles.
There is a funny thing with ATI2 components swapping on different cards and APIs (if you don't take it into account, there are artifacts):
|OpenGL||YX (3dc)||YX (3dc)||XY (la)||XY (latc)|
We hope our render to be completed for several months, it is already on the most bleeding edge. Sound module and physics improvements are the following.