Improved vertex cache optimization
- Dynamic irradiance environment maps for meshes, terrains and billboards (by means of a harmonics basis).
- New vertex cache optimizator (processing time depends on mesh complexity linearly); it also reorders polygons for more optimal rendering (less overdraw).
- Overlapping visualization for 3D meshes in ResourceEditor / Viewer.
- Refactored plugins for 3D modeling packages, vertex cache optimization is always performed on export now.
- Faster loading of large files in non-native formats into ResourceEditor.
- Improved soft shadows.
- Adjustable bias for translucence.
- Hash can be stored in stack memory now.
- Improved algorithm for instance rendering (no performance drop on non-instanced geometry).
- Reflection masks (works the same way as light and collision masks).
- New console variables: render_show_penumbra (shows penumbra in color) and render_show_splits (shows PSSM splits in color).
- Added performance stress-tests.
- Direct3D9 shaders have been switched to row-major order matrices.
- Correct detection of ATI R600 cards.
- Workaround for Direct3D9 / ATI2 textures crash bug.
- Fixed shadow bilinear sampling on R600.
- Multiple selection of nodes in UnigineEditor (for cloning, deletion, transformations and export).
- Export of mesh data from UnigineEditor.
- Support of images in ComboBox.
- Updated installation script (no more problems with binary version).
Now there are the following shader presets available:
|High||Soft shadows for all light sources|
|Medium||No soft shadows|
|Low||No bilinear filtration of shadows on ATI cards; water has only 2 normalmaps instead of 4; no foam for water; no shadows for water; no volumetric interaction of particles; no shadows of particles; ambient occlusion shader makes 2 times less samples; no soft interaction of omni and projected volumetric objects|
By the way, there is very bad situation with biases on R600 / Direct3D10, their values are abnormally low. We are waiting for a responce from AMD drivers team now, hope this bug being fixed very soon.
PS: Only 3 weeks left to license current version of Unigine at very low prices (before 29th February).