- Release of"Sanctuary" demo!
- Correct detection of MS Vista in SystemInfo.
- Detection of ATI R600 cards.
- Detection of SLI mode at NVIDIA cards.
- Non-realtime rendering mode with fixed FPS for machinima movies.
- Occluders skipping bugfix.
- UnigineScript bugfix of complex expressions with brackets.
- 64bit plugins for 3ds Max.
- Freezing of physical objects.
- Per-joint adjusting of iterations count.
- Clamping of maximal impulses in joints.
- New ObjectDummy object for hierarchy handling.
- New convex hull physics primitive.
- Setting of mass for ragdoll.
- Automatic generation of ragdoll by arbitrary animated model.
Release of "Sanctuary" demo took a lot of our efforts, but it brought a lot of valuable feedback. Some major websites (including opengl.org anddevmaster.net) published news about our demo and it became a starting point to massive testing and discussions about our technologies on different websites. Results are the following:
- Unigine v0.4 runs well on MS Windows 2000, 2003, XP and Vista, as well as different Linux distributives.
- Unigine v0.4 runs well on various NVIDIA NV30/NV40/G70/G80 and ATI R300/R400/R500/R600.
- Our render scales perfectly with GPU performance growth, we aren't CPU-bounded.
- SLI mode provides 2x boost of performance with our demo.
- There is very big performance problem of the driver with Vista/OpenGL on NVIDIA cards.
- There are a lot of people with great hardware, who are eager for great graphics.
- People do like our demos.
Benchmarking results are the following (with default settings):
- ~2-5 FPS @ NV30
- ~10-30 FPS @ NV40
- ~15-80 FPS @ G70
- ~150-180 FPS @ G80
- ~5 FPS @ R300
- ~10-25 FPS @ R400
- ~10-85 FPS @ R500
- ~130 FPS @ R600
Some more news from our art department in conclusion: we aren't getting money for this, but here is a piece of advertisment: we bought all 4 DVDs of Arroway textures and they worth their price for 100%! Since we can't make photos of some materials we need, these textures is a big help for us.