Indoor system is ready!
It seems that this devlog is updated primarily on weekend. We are busy with development, support and new demos production on other days, sorry.
- Minimization of CPU cache misses.
- DIP speed increase up to 550 kDIP/s (OpenGL) and 360 kDIP/s (Direct3D9).
- GUI improvements (upgrade.py script should be used for migration).
- System of sectors and portals.
- Reduction of allocation count per frame.
- Some changes in materials concerning alpha testing.
- ASCII Scene Export (ASE) format support.
- Wavefront OBJ (OBJ) format support.
- World, parent and local transformations of objects in UnigineEditor.
Minimization of CPU cache misses was a real headache for Frustum (if someone still doesn't know him, it's our lead developer, Alexander Zaprjagaev) but the juice was worth the squeeze, now we have a noticeable performance improvement.
Last time we forgot to show a screenshot regarding immovable dynamic lights optimization, you can see it
There are 40 (sic!) dynamic lights (omni directional with enabled shadows) in the scene - 6.400.000
polygones without the optimization, only 194.000 polygones with it.
Not bad, huh?
By the way, the screenshot is taken from our new large-scale demo, which will be ready only in 5-6 months, but it will be very interesting surprise. Sorry for the strange perspective, we just don't want to reveal the secret before time.