Batching and billboards
Unigine reference manual has been filling with chapters about UnigineScript built-in library for a pair of weeks. We must say that this means a heap of work since UnigineScript has way too rich library, there are more than 1000 functions. Gosh, all of them need to be documented properly!
This week changes:
- Automatic batching of objects for rendering.
- ObjectBillboard (oriented in parallel with camera plane or rotate around Z axis, arbitrary rotation center offset) with support of alpha-testing, emission, normal and specular mapping.
- Memory allocations optimization.
- Smart rendering into deferred buffer for particles and transparent objects.
- Height-fading volume fog.
- Changing of blending for detail material.
- Two speeds of camera movement in UnigineEditor - normal and fast (with SHIFT) ones.
- Displaying of video memory used for meshes and textures.
- Minor bugfixes and improvements.
We've forgotten to mention, ATI Catalyst 6.10 and 6.11 really solved win32/OpenGL crashes, now everything is fine.