You can upgrade content of your project to UNIGINE 2.8 in the automatic or manual mode.
Automatic upgrade of the project's content can be performed via UNIGINE SDK Browser.
In the result, the binary executable and configuration files, meshes, terrains, worlds, nodes, splines, materials, properties, tracks, settings files will be upgraded to new formats (if any). The <unigine_project>/migration.log.html log file will be opened in the web browser. However, you can uncheck Migrate Content during automatic upgrading and perform content upgrading manually. In this case, only binary executable files will be upgraded.
This mode should be used to upgrade content stored outside the project's data folder:
To upgrade the project's content in the manual mode, do the following:
- Put the binary executable <UnigineSDK>/bin/usc_x64.exe (or <UnigineSDK>/bin/usc_x86.exe) to the <UnigineSDK>/utils/upgrade folder that contains the upgrade script.
- In the command prompt, run the upgrade.usc with the required options:
If you have unchecked Migrate Content during automatic upgrading, add the path to the project's data folder to the list of arguments passed to the upgrade script. For example:
usc_x64.exe upgrade.usc path/to/the/additional_content_1 path/to/the/additional_content_2 ...Here:
usc_x64.exe upgrade.usc <unigine_project>/data path/to/the/additional_content_1 path/to/the/additional_content_2 ...
- path/to/the/additional_content_* - paths to folders with content stored outside the data folder.
As light source modes have changed, the following conversion shall be performed while migrating your project:
- Realtime light source -> Dynamic light source;
- Mixed Omni and Projected light source -> Dynamic light source;
- Mixed World light source -> Static light source with the Dynamic Shadow Cascade Mode;
- Baked light source -> Static light source with the Static shadow mode enabled and the Lens Flares disabled. The light source node shall be disabled.