shown in other instead.
To provide increased performance, terrain occluders should be used wisely.
- If terrain relief is changed in the runtime, it is not recommended to use the occluder.
The terrain occluder is generated based on its downsized height map using cone-step mapping. Generation of an occluder texture is a time-consuming operation that should be done only once rather than each time on world load.
To set a texture for WorldOccluderTerrain in real-time, use the following steps:
- Set a height map texture (in R8, R16 or RG8 format) via setHeightsImageName() . Cone-step mapping will be calculated and a new image (inRGB8 format) will be generated. It contains all data necessary to perform occlusion.
- Get newly generated occluder image (RGB8) via getHeightsImage() .
- Save this occluder image (RGB8) to disk with same name.
static WorldOccluderTerrainPtr create ( const Math::vec3 & size ) #Constructor. Creates a new terrain occluder of the specified size.
- const Math::vec3 & size - Size of the terrain occluder in units.
void setDistance ( float distance ) #Sets the distance for disabling terrain occluder.
- float distance - Distance in units. If a negative value is provided, 0 will be used instead.
float getDistance ( ) #Returns the current distance for disabling terrain occluder.
Return valueDistance in units.
Ptr<Image> getHeightsImage ( ) #Returns the height map image that repeats terrain heights.
Return valueHeight map image.
int setHeightsImageName ( const char * name ) #Sets the name of the height map that repeats terrain heights. The height map can be smaller in size compared to terrain's one. It will be automatically converted into the RGB8 format.
- const char * name - Height map name.
Return value1 if the height map was successfully loaded; otherwise, 0.
const char * getHeightsImageName ( ) #Returns the name of the height map that repeats terrain heights.
Return valueThe name of the height map.
void setRadius ( float radius ) #Radius of ray tracing to perform occlusion. The radius is counted off starting from the camera.
- float radius - Radius of occlusion in units.
float getRadius ( ) #Returns the current ray tracing radius to perform occlusion.
Return valueRadius of occlusion in units.
void setSize ( const Math::vec3 & size ) #Sets the dimensions of the terrain occluder.
- const Math::vec3 & size - Size of the terrain occluder in units. If a negative value is provided, vec3(0.0f) will be used instead.